Thursday, October 29, 2009

Reset

Today I bid farewell to someone special.

He has been there, comforting me in times of need, making me laugh, cry, and sometimes enraging me to the point of murder.

But I forgive that. I forgive him for being a bit slow, because we're convinced he has a nasty infection, brought on by taking something he shouldn't have.

I blink back tears as I write this. It isn't easy for me to say goodbye to a friend so special as this one.

I'll hold his funeral in silence before he goes.

I'll miss him. He wasn't the brightest, but he was a good- no, great friend.

I'll miss you, laptop.

... *clears throat*

In all seriousness, there's something on my laptop my old school put on there (something to do with networking) and it's screwing with OUR networking at home, so we're nuking him (uninstalling the operating system).

We only just found the Dell box the laptop came in, so when we nuke him we can reinstall him with everything he came with when he started.

So, little work done today - mostly copying files, music, and other crap onto flash disks. I'll probably do something 'work' related. I'm getting my head into accouting, at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment