Friday, October 30, 2009

Overlord, Part 2

For Christ sakes.

I'm supposed to be some evil conquering Overlord, not a fricking errand boy for a couple of farmers.

And I shouldn't have to prove myself to these bastards; why can't I just order my imps to kill the two farmers and burn down the palisade wall they've erected in front of the village?

Another gripe I have is you - the 'Overlord', if you could even call yourself that. You're slower than the sheep in the beginning of the game, and you can't attack very fast, so you have to have your imps do everything.

Problem is, the method for controling your imps feels about as smooth and seemless as a cadaver going through a woodchipper.

To control your minions - every one of them - you must hold down both mouse buttons and move the cursor around (which has helpfully dissapeared) and the minions don't really take your mouse moving as a direct command.

It's a stupid, stupid way to do it.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment