Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ladyhawke 'Magic'

I've been listening to Ladyhawke's song Magic, courtesy of Youtube.

First time I listened to the song, I likes the beat. And the chorus was alright.

But listening to the song on Youtube and not over the radio, I can really pick out the lyrics.

And they don't make much sense.

Let's go through the song, shall we?
(kovideo.net supplied the lyrics, with little formatting but thankfully no god awful 'send this song to your cellphone' ads. Also, they didn't capital the I's.)

(We start off with a great intro. The music and beat is awesome.)
You came to my show, and I saw you in the crowd (Ok, not bad so far)
I didn`t know your name, I didn`t know your name (Hmm. Well, it's still ok.)
I asked all my friends who you were and your story (Good rythum with the words,)
They told me the same, they told me the same (Ehh, she did this again.)

I`ve left my heart to you, but it`s not fair (The last four words sound like they're a little off, but nevermind)
Coz you`re taking me for granted baby (Bonus points for adding 'Baby' in there)
I made a start with you, but it`s not fair (Again, the last four words...)
Coz you`re over the atlantic baby (Wait, Atlantic?)

One journey for you but it`s worth it (Seriously, what does the Atlantic have to do with anything?)
One life here with me and it`s magic (Are they over the Atlantic somewhere? Like, in a plane?)
One journey for you, but it`s worth it (Is the objct she seeks at the Atlantic?)
One life here with me and it`s magic (Aargh I'm so confused.)

You stayed in my head where I saw you all the time (Dreams, I'm sure.)
I didn`t think you care, I didn`t think you care (Or nightmares.)
I found you one day with a mouth full of attitude (Yep, teens will do that.)
And you stole me away, you stole me away (Why would she repeat the last four words twice? It butchers the rythem for me.)

I`ve left my heart to you, but it`s not fair (Fankly, this is a pretty good verse.)
Coz you`re taking me for granted baby (I guess you could call it the Pre-chorus.)
I made a start with you, but it`s not fair (Or, I suppose, a Post-verse.)
Coz you`re over the atlantic baby (Although that doesn't carry nearly as much punch as the former.)

One journey for you but it`s worth it (When she says 'you', does she mean the listener, or someone else?)
One life here with me and it`s magic (Is it someone else, fine.)
One journey for you, but it`s worth it (If not, how could she possibly know it's worth it? she doesn't know me.)
One life here with me and it`s magic (At least I hope she doesn't.)

Coz your over the atlantic baby (Cue wierd techno mix.)
And you`re taking me for granted baby (And odd voice remix.)
Coz you`re over the atlantic baby (For all three lines, they each have 'Baby' as a suffix. That has to be a top score.)

One journey for you but it`s worth it (How could there be multiple journeys?)
One life here with me and it`s magic (Define 'magic'.)
One journey for you, but it`s worth it (Is it, like, great sex?)
One life here with me and it`s magic (Or more of a romantic, blissful living thing?)
One journey for you but it`s worth it
One life here with me and it`s magic
One journey for you but it`s worth it (Wait, haven't we been here before?)
One life here with me and it`s magic (Like, four lines ago?)
One journey for you but it`s worth it
One life here with me and it`s magic
One journey for you but it`s worth it (I'm so deep I can't see the light at the top.)
One life here with me and it`s magic
One journey for you but it`s worth it
One life here with me and it`s magic (It's just a tiny white spec.)
One journey for you but it`s worth it
One life here with me and it`s magic (I can't see the bottom; it's just so dark.)
One journey for you but it`s worth it
One life here with me and it`s magic
One journey for you but it`s worth it
One life here with me and it`s magic (I can no longer see the top. I'm begining to worry.)
One journey for you but it`s worth it
One life here with me and it`s magic (Oh god.)
One journey for you but it`s worth it (Was that my cable snapping?)
One life here with me and it`s magic
One journey for you but it`s worth it
One life here with me and it`s magic (Yes.)
One journey for you but it`s worth it (Yes, it was.)
One life here with me and it`s magic
One journey for you but it`s worth it
One life here with me and it`s magic (Sh*t.)
One journey for you but it`s worth it
One life here with me and it`s magic
One journey for you but it`s worth it
One life here with me and it`s magic
One journey for you but it`s worth it
One life here with me and it`s magic
One journey for you but it`s worth it (OH GOD OH GOD I'M GONNA DIE DOWN HERE!)
One life here with me and it`s magic
One journey for you but it`s worth it (*cries*)
One life here with me and it`s magic
One journey for you but it`s worth it
One life here with me and it`s magic
One journey for you but it`s worth it (*more hysteric crying*)
One life here with me and it`s magic
One journey for you but it`s worth it
One life here with me and it`s magic
One journey for you but it`s worth it (*even more hysteric crying*)
One life here with me and it`s magic
One journey for you but it`s worth it (AAAAAA)
One life here with me and it`s magic (AAAAAAA)
One journey for you but it`s worth it (AAAAAAHHHH)
One life here with me and it`s magic (HHHHHHH)
One journey for you but it`s worth it (HHHHH-)
One life here with me and it`s magic (*SMACK*)
Bedrock--Bedrock--Bedrock--Bedrock--Bedrock--Bedrock--Bedrock

(Note: the song doesn't go on for that long. I'm just making it bigger than it really is.)

Most artists I know only repeat the same line (sometimes lines) about three or four times, max. That's the same two lines six times.

So that's 'Magic'. More proof that the subject matter doesn't exist and never will.

And I'm not too sure were I was going with that last statement, but I'm not going to cast it away because I spent five minutes on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment