Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Music

You know, a lot of people stop me on the street. A vast majority of those people are cops wanting to know where I got the shiny new Volvo or asking about the sealed plastic bags full if white powder I follishly tried to peddle to children. But sometimes I get asked about my favourite music.

I have something to say about the bands of recent years: they suck. 85% of all bands formed around the year 200 and onwards are terrible. The sad thing is, that kids (5 to late teens) today are growing up with this, as I like to call, 'Pissmusic', and not even paying a shred of attention to bands such as:
- Queen
- ACDC
- Pink Floyd
- The Who
- Dire Straits
And dozens of other bands which I have failed to list. It breaks my heart to hear... rap... over tinny earphones loudly while on the bus, or, god forbid, bands like Linken Park or Green Day on the train through the same pathetic earpieces.

So, what bands do I like? Well, I don't really like many 'Bands', per se. Songs from certain groups, yes, but not usually into every bit of music on the album. In fact, i almost never buy an album, I just grab the song off Youtube with the miricle of Download Helper (An honest to god Firefox addon) so long as the quality is good.

What I do like is intrumental stuff. The singing, I find, is what kills some songs. Just the other day I brought the Fast and Furious 4 Score Soundtrack and the Transformers: ROTF Soundtrack from Amazon. I'm not putting in links because I fear some sort of retribution.
I also love the Painkiller soundtrack (Can be found on the game disk if you look hard enough). Mediastudio, the guys responsible for all the Fight music, did a great job. Don't worry about buying the 'Painkiller Soundtrack' or whatever they called it, with such titles ad 'The Painkiller', 'Lokhi (I think anyway)', 'Banshee' etc because there all on the disk anyway. And I'm sure if you ask nicely, Old Man Youtube will cough up some decent quality tracks for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment