Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Malgebra, Pod Racer and Evony, oh my!

Well, I've learned lots of things. For one, I've learnt that I hate Algebra (even though, for some demented reason, I'm somewhat good at it) and that most of the more 'advanced' equations are extremely confusing and in some ways unintuitive. Even worse is when people who know Algebra go 'Oh look at that pissant, he's trying to do Algebra,' and then they all collapse in poncy laughter. So, I have decided to make my own semi mathmatical subject: Malgebra.

Here are some example Malgebra equations.
1. Microwave6 + Oven3
2. Toaster(Squared) - Hair Dryer5
3. -Laundry Basket8 X -Wall Clock(Squared)
Well, it makes sense to ME.

Moving right along...

I have recently stumbled upon an old copy of Star Wars Episode 1: Racer. Now, my machine being a XP, my graphics card being reasonably new, ect, when I ran it it worked smoothly. I was as surprised, if not more, than you. But then I got to the actual race part of the game and it threw up a blank screen and froze the instant the countdown finished. It's a real shame, because this just so happens to be on my 'favourite games ever' list, sitting in the last five segment, but still.

So, I was stoked when I found This. This site contains a file called 'SWEP1RCR.EXE'. Replace it with the one already in the games folder and BAM your back in the game.
Now if only I could get MDK (Also in my top 10, sitting snugly on 5) to run...

On an unrelated note, Has anybody seen those ads floating around the net for a game called 'Breasts', otherwise known as Evony? well, if you had been paying attention over the last few months, you would have seen a constant decline in it's advertising. Originally, it had a guy in armour. Pretty original, considering that it's what most of these free-online-browser-based-games-set-in-medieval-times use. So consequently, they probably wern't getting much traffic. So, the team at Evony decided they needed a more attention grabbing ad, and decided to rough up a 3D model of what I imagine was a queen and had a sword point focusing directly on her... um, cleavage. But that wasn't enough, so they axed that ad and brought out one with two women, probably 16 to 20, posing not in a seriously unwholesome way, but in a way that would probably grab some pubescent kid's attention. BUT, that still wasn't enough for the Evony team, so they rolled out an ad with some woman wearing little to cover the sacks of flesh that she was parading about, and even worse it was sporting the words "Start your journey, my lord." That was bad, and you can still catch these ads today. BUT OH NO, it simply couldn't stop there. The next ad included a woman (may have been CG, I'm not sure) wearing a nightatire far, far to tight for her sporting the same words. Up to that point, if you looked past the main selling point of the ad, you could see that it was advertising Evony.com. BUT THEY DIDN'T STOP THERE, because the next ad they released featured a shot of a woman cut just above the waist wearing a tight-ish white thing with the 'start your journey now, my lord' words, but tragicly not actually advertising the fucking game the ad is supposed to be advertising. I guess I missed the memo that stated that ads need not advertise the product and can just show a chest of an attractive woman, because that's clearly the way Evony is handling it. The last 'new' ad I saw was one that looked similar to that of the previous one but simply pictured the chest of something wearing a 'leopard skin' bra with a clearly oversised chest. It was at more or less this point that I gave up following the ads because I was afraid at what might come out next. And if you were wondering, no, I'm not kidding, a friend archived all these ads (from the first to the last) and all the examples I have presented you actually exist or existed on the internet.

1 comment:

  1. Evont isn't just questionable advertising, it is possibly malware: http://www.bruceongames.com/2009/07/16/is-evony-malware/

    ReplyDelete